Ports and Maritime Affairs
The Ports and Maritime Affairs (PMA) plays a pivotal role in regulating, developing, and promoting the ports and maritime.
Significant steps were taken towards achieving MTT’s goal of establishing Bahrain as an open ship registry, thus opening up new levels of convenience and access. To this end, a fully-automated Ship Registry Portal (SRP) has been developed, and is scheduled to be launched shortly.
Khalifa bin Salman Port (KBSP) which opened for business on April 1, 2009 is well positioned to be the premier transhipment hub for the Northern Gulf.
View the latest Schedule for Ships
Have a look at Ports and Maritime Projects.
In the News
21 August 2017
Announcement with Regard to Licensing of Marine Activities
The Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications’ Ports and Maritime Affairs Announcement with Regard to Licensing of Marine Activities
19 May 2016
Agreement signed between Bahrain Logistics Zone and Multicom Real Estate Company W.L.L
His Excellency Engineer Kamal bin Ahmed Mohammed, Minister of Transportation and Telecommunications signed a contract between the Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications
20 November 2012
Bahrain’s Ministry of Transportation Ports and Maritime Affairs hosts leading Middle East trade conference
HE Minister of Transportation Kamal bin Ahmed Mohammed today opened the 8th Trans Middle East Exhibition and Conference
List of Endorsements issued by the Bahrain Administration to Seafarers working on board Bahraini ships
See full list of approved Classification Societies here
- 7,766Total Aircraft Movement, April 2018
- 714,509Total Passengers, April 2018
- 20,177Total Cargo and Mail, April 2018
- 36,000Daily average ridership, April 2017
- 22,414,514Total Passengers (Feb 2015-Apr 2017)
- 103,745General Cargo, March 2018
- 36,386Container Throughput, March 2018
- 97Total Vessels, March 2018
- 99Percent Mobile network coverage
- 57Percent of households passed by fiber-optic broadband network
- 90Percent of businesses passed by fiber-optic broadband network